Sunday, April 20, 2008

When was the best day of your life?

When someone asks you that question in the title, how do you respond? (It may be possible that no one has asked you said question, but that also means you're 5-years-old and no one is interested in you or your life for that matter).

Will you be unoriginal and respond with the hackneyed: "my wedding day, of course." Or unique with, "When I was standing on top of Everest trying to breath." Or strange, like, "It was when I was younger and I fought off a pack of starved wolves... naked. Scratch strange, that would be fuckin' amazing. Kudos to you crazy stronger-than-a-pack-of-wolves but unnecessarily naked individual.

But really, do you have a "best day of your life" (yet)? No fuck that, you can't say, "I haven't had one yet." Because, unless you have been locked in a manure-reeking dungeon since your shitty birth with only a scrappy rat as company, than you have -- as logic serves -- to have had a best day of your life.

So, what day was it?

Side-note: If you're interested, here is a recent feature article I wrote for the Burlington Post: http://burlingtonpost.com/news/article/169860

2 comments:

fuzzywuzzypig said...

what was the best day of YOUR life so far? other than meeting me of course ... ha ha.

Anonymous said...

p.s. somehow the name defaulted to kathryn. don't take that as an invitation to start calling me that.