Thursday, January 17, 2008

How powerful are words?

While studying English literature, a key motif that constantly arose, and which I currently face, is the power of words

As a young writer/journalist, I obviously depend on this so-called power in the written word. And I contend that there still is. Watergate being the chief example.

But something I came across today said it better than I ever could:

"The written word has power. With skill, reporters can expose the dark deeds of the world and bring them into the light. However, journalism is limited to non-apathetic, mono-linguistic people with some time to kill and a few neurons still firing."

Exactly. Couldn't agree anymore. Beautiful.

Maybe those that aren't apathetic and still have "a few neurons firing" feel the same.

"Words have a longer life than deeds."  -Pindar, Greek lyric poet


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No matter what your shit is brown! unless you eat a lot of fruit loops!"
"T" regular dude!